wallpaper

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thrifty & Creative 1st Birthday Gift

A sweet friends baby turned one recently and as I thought about what to get, toy or clothes of course, I thought why not give Mom and Dad a gift?  The party was a Beauty and The Beast theme.  So I made an invitation for the little one to spend a fun night with me while Mom and Dad got to do stuffy grown up stuff.

THIS is why I try to SAVE money in pennies and nickels in every aspect of my life so when I SPEND money on full price items, I don't have to worry about it or feel guilty or even worry about budget.

I purchased 2 gift cards, one for Chili's and one for movie tickets and simply printed out this invitation I made in publisher. Mounted it on a piece of card stock, added ribbon and placed in a dollar store gift bag. 

(I BEG you, why would you pay $3.99 or more on a gift bag when $1 stores have so many sizes, colors and occasions??? Promise me you will never waste money on a gift bag that is more than $1!!!)

This can be used for any party theme.  Also, you can eliminate the gift cards and simply give the gift of your time. I'm sure Mom and Dad would be very appreciative!

Princess Theme:

BE MY GUEST

Ms. (Birthday Girl) is cordially invited to a night with (Grown up giving gift)!

An evening full of princess patty cake and glittery play dough.

(While Mommy and Daddy go to a yucky grown up dinner and boring old person movie)

Any one Saturday night that Mommy and Daddy choose, at my castle or yours.

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl.

Cowboy/Cowgirl Theme:

Giddy Up Li'l Pardner!

That rascally rancher (Birthday Child) is hereby called to a round up with (Grown up giving gift)!

A night full of cowboy vittles, rodeo ridin' and general cowboy/girl mischief!

(While Maw & Pop head in to town fer a yeehaw cityfolk kinda good time)

Hitch yer horse on any one Saturday night that Maw and Pop pick, at my ranch or yers)

Have a Rootin' Tootin' Birthday Cowpoke!

Space Theme:

Blast Off!

Col. (Birthday boy or Girl) is invited to reach for the stars with (Grown up giving gift)!

An evening full of moon munchies, and out of this world fun!

(While Mommy and Daddy stay grounded for an Earthy meal and training tilm )

Any one Saturday night that Commander Mommy and Special Agent Daddy choose, at my space station or yours.

Happy Birthday!

Let me know if you use other themes!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    birthday gifts for mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Wanna free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete