wallpaper

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mexican Adobo Rub Recipe

I am making Slow Cooker pork Carnatas tonight and my recipe calls for adobo rub.  Sounds intriguing!  Until I got to the store and see the adobo rub is $4.99.  Looking on the back of the bottle I see it's mostly spices I have in my pantry. And pantry cooking is free cooking in my book. So I asked my friend Google to help me find some recipes.  This is what I adapted for my own liking and taste.  Purists will no doubt not be happy with the lack of lime and tumeric but I am not a fan of either of those flavors. I think it's delish and an nice combination of spices I have not used before! (Oregano in Mexican flavors?  That's a new one for me!)

                         

Thrifty Rose's Pantry Made Adobo Rub

1 1/2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1  teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (optional)

Make sure you save those empty spice bottles and tubs to reuse and make your OWN rubs and flavor mixes in. Upcycling is the ultimate Thrifty Nifty. Saves money AND the Earth!

REMEMBER! When you use this you donlt need to add SALT & PEPPER because it's already in the mix .

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment