wallpaper

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

So Crisp! So Cheap! Micro Popcorn NOT in a paper bag!

You've probably seen on Pinterest the idea of popping corn in the microwave in a paper bag. I tried it, loved it for the most part. But the bag can tear open and it's wasteful.  So I thought I would try a regular microwave container and voila!



Fast, healthy and easy popcorn in minutes. And is is SO crisp and fresh. I use my Pampered Chef Micro Cooker but any plastic microwave container and lid will do!

I use 1/4 cup corn kernels.  (I buy the Store brand for 39 cents a bag and get about 20 bowls of popcorn NOT BAD!)

Important! Make sure you use a lid but I would recommend NOT attaching it.  For example, the micro cooker lid snaps on but I just lay it on without snapping, in case the popcorn overflows.

Cook for about 1 minute 45 seconds to 2 minutes or more, depending on your microwave.  Take out when popping slows.  I add a splash of melted butter, a dash of Parmesan and sprinkle of sea salt and pepper!

Note: You will more than likely have a good helping of unpopped kernels.  I save these and toss them out for the squirrels.  Or you can put them in a Ziploc baggie and put them in the freezer for a no mush ice pack for kiddies boo boos!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment