wallpaper

Monday, September 30, 2013

Spiced Potatoes and Chicken NINJA COOKING SYSTEM

I love my Ninja!  I want it to be so much more than a slow cooker, I want it for fast one pot meals.  So it's time to experiment.

Tonight I made Spiced Potatoes and Chicken with Asparagus

Total cook time 35 minutes


Potatoes:
3 lb bag  New potatoes ( I like Yukon Gold)
Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika ( regular is fine too)
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning

Chicken:
3 Frozen boneless chicken breasts (4 oz each, I like Perdue or Tyson)
1 tsp Poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Fat free cream of chicken soup

6 spears frozen asparagus

Directions:
Quarter each new potato and place in Ninja. Drizzle with olive oil to coat.  Add salt, pepper smoked paprika, Old Bay seasoning and garlic powder to potatoes, stir.

TIP: I prefer to use un-seasoned frozen chicken breasts.  They are very cost effective when purchased from warehouse clubs and are so easy to use. They come out juicy and perfect every time! ALSO Spraying chicken with cooking spray allows your seasoning to 'stick' and lets you create any flavor you want!


Spray chicken with cooing spray.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.( I added more paprika because we are paprika people)  Lay Ninja tray right on top of potatoes. Turn Ninja to oven setting, 375 degrees. After 15 minutes, remove chicken tray and stir potatoes. replace tray and add 6 frozen asparagus spears and spread 1/2 cup undiluted chicken soup to the chicken.

Cook for 20 more minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees. Potatoes come out with a nice crunch and are perfectly tender.









Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment