wallpaper

Monday, August 20, 2012

Thrifty Pinterest Party! Stone Tile Coasters

This is probably one of the most pinned things on Pinterest, I see it all the time.  I have seen several pinners and several versions so I don't know who originality came up with it, but it wasn't me!  Best of all it it SUPER CHEAP!  We had a great time playing and of course EATING.  Try this at your next Pinterest Party.

Start with a set of natural stone bathroom tiles from a home improvement store.  The tiles are only $3.95 for a set of 9!
I love the texture and imperfections.~!

We used stamps and ink we already had on hand ( When I say WE I mean Aunt Nessie, our host) We used Technique Tuesday Clear stamps FANFARE. (Technique Tuesday is to stamping what bacon is to BLTs. LOVE them!)  We also used a Large alphabet stamp for the initials ( Sorry don't know which ones they were.)

Stamp to your hearts content with any color Staz-on ink ( MUST be Staz -on! Why? 'Cuz it STAYS ON)

 

Then seal the stamped tiles with minwax. 
DON'T FORGET~! Apply self stick felt circle to the bottom to avoid scratching the table surface. (Wouldn't that be a great gift? Coasters to save their table from water rings but they scratch the bejeebees out of your wood. Thanks friends)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment